- Condition assessment of collections or individual objects
- Estimates of the cost of treatment
- Photographs and documentation of treatment
- Treatment (e.g. cleaning, repair) of sculpture in several media
- Advice on long-term care and maintenance
- Consultation for packing and shipping works of art
- Consultation for storage of works of art
I work with the client to determine the course of treatment. Before beginning any intervention, I will go over what I plan to do, and give the owner an estimate of the cost and time frame. If warranted, I will also give multiple options for the level of repair: for example, complete restoration or the "archaeological approach", which leaves repairs visible. If the situation changes over the course of treatment, I consult with the client before making any changes to the initial plan. I provide photographs showing the work of art before and after treatment, as well as a treatment report detailing the materials used, steps involved, and advice on long-term care and maintenance.
As a Professional Associate of the American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works, I adhere to their Code of Ethics and Guidelines for Practice.